The D9 Partnership Advantage
Companies that are considered mid-market are in a unique space with the IT struggle. They usually do not have a large IT footprint; however, they have all of the demands and solutions in place that a large enterprise requires. Balancing minimal IT staff and business operations with growth plans featuring complex systems and security requirements has become a challenge over the recent years in today’s digital age.
As we partner with customers, there are three main areas that we consistently see companies needing additional resources in, 1) Cyber Security, 2) Access to Technical Support, and 3) Hardware & Software Procurement. Let’s take a more in-depth look into these areas now.
This means something different to each business we talk to, but simply this means protection of your people, assets, data, and customer. Two years ago, most companies believed that they were protected because they purchased a firewall and antivirus for their endpoint devices. However, it has recently become clear that there is more that needs to be done. The damage related to cybercrime is projected to hit $6 trillion annually by 2021, according to Cybersecurity Ventures.
The trend that we have seen in the mid-market has been business firewalls are put in place with little to no configuration. Two consistent themes are that the device did not have IPS / IDS available, or it was not enabled, and any rules that were equipped to specific servers because IT could not figure out how to pass data in a particular server, and they did not have a DMZ.
This type of configuration has been the key to multiple issues we have engaged with customers on in the last year ranging from executed ransomware, malware, and viruses to full intrusion by bot networks transferring data through a customer that had open ports to an RDP server.
These types of issues are much more costly to mitigate once the code has been executed, and we have found these common factors in each customer that has breached or victimized.
- Servers and Desktops were not updated, and there were no established update policies
- Antivirus was not centrally managed and monitored, resulting in servers and desktop definitions being out of date and ineffective.
- Network – each of the severely impacted businesses had a single network for all devices (Servers, Endpoints, Printers, etc.).
- Old Operating Systems – In each event that we experienced, there was a device running server 2003, Windows 7 / XP that was not protected and was utilized as the entry point into the environments.
- Backups – This has been a struggle for many companies in the mid-market in terms of finding cost-effective and easy-to-manage solutions. We have noticed that in most of the affected businesses that in one way or another, they find that their backup solution is lacking the ability to restore the environments promptly with all data intact.
- Cyber Security Planning – This is the most pertinent piece to the puzzle that is missing for large and small organizations. Cyber Security is a complicated conversation, and all aspects of the business need to be taken into consideration.
- Limited Staff – What we see as companies grow and solutions get more complex, the IT departments are shrinking, and staff is getting overloaded, resulting in project delays or rushed to completion. “We are good at getting 80% of any project done. It’s the last 20% we can’t seem to accomplish.” This is a typical quote we hear from the business, and we see that the last 20% is where companies are getting compromised.
D9 Technologies has a proven track record working with organizations of all sizes to implement solutions that fit your specific needs.
Access to Technical Resources
Mid-Market organizations don’t need high-end resources all of the time, but when they do, businesses are struggling with finding the talent or access to enterprise-class talent from a third party.
D9 Technologies’ core focus is to provide top-level talent to these organizations allowing customers to engage these resources in multiple ways.
- Managed Services – D9 Advantage is designed to work with local IT to allow local IT resources to work on the things that matter. We are not replacing your local IT we are augmenting your staff to manage the day to day activities that prevent projects from happening.
- Help Desk – D9 Technologies offers a full-service help desk solution that can get your users the help that they need when they need it.
- Consulting – Direct access to enterprise-level resources with multi-industry experience ranging from Healthcare, Manufacturing, Engineering to Retail, and Hosting.
- Architecture and Design
- Physical Wiring and Termination
Hardware and Software Procurement
What we have seen working with organizations large and small is that there is a segment of the business community that is underserved when it comes to hardware and software procurement. This segment of the business is not spending enough annually to realize the benefits provided by manufacturers or access to promotions and account resources.
D9 Technologies has researched for you and built a buying network that allows our team to provide discounted pricing to our customer network utilizing enterprise promotions and providing resources that work with you to develop the solutions your business needs to thrive.
Regardless of the issue, D9 prides itself on partnership. Not only partnering with our own vendors to provide solutions to fit your needs but partnering with your existing IT team is even more important to us. By co-working alongside your existing IT team, it keeps them focused on your business-critical operations while we can help with the mundane. To learn more about our capabilities and how we can help beat the mid-market IT struggle, contact us.